Saturday 7 January 2012

Crackling








I look at this picture of Zoltan Bathory from time to time to cheer myself up. It works every time. I think he's probably a bit of a nerd but I like him and his music.










This made me smile today.






Yesterday I thought I would make a bit of an effort with the weekends' catering so I bought a nice ham hock to cook for the kids to snack on with sandwiches, make some soup, you know the kind of crap but it went wrong. I forgot I put it in the oven and there it stayed overnight and some more.
Poppy and I avoided the irritation that is the Stroud Farmers' Market today. Basically Stroud is a bit of a dump, I like it for this very reason and then on a Saturday all the trendy wankers pile in to buy over-priced crap made by people who regard themselves as artisans.
It was a brainwave though because if you put the word "Artisan" in front of a loaf of bread, a scotch egg or a donut you can charge at least three times as much for it. A scotch egg is a scotch egg, you can't polish a turd.

Unbelievably Nestle still have not contacted me about my Black Magic query, I don't think they care. Chocolate Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment